Mediums

Writing is one of the common mediums of expression. The ironic thing for me is that I try not to nor tend to write songs because I want to express myself. I've heard many authors and songwriters define writing in their own sense and they inspire me much more. Sometimes, I feel lost when I write, it's the time when the world, life, love or grace aren't making sense. Songwriting is like an ocean. It's wide, vast, deep, often unpredictable but I could throw a thousand adjectives to describe this metaphor but there's a large chance you won't get it because that's what's songwriting means to me. It's a mystery. Wondering how set of words and compounded melodies, synced by vibrations made by strings and whatever you're hitting makes a wonderful, clearer picture of life. I never cared whether the music is soft jazz, blues, reggae or rock. I only cared for what a song means to someone, what a song means to me. It doesn't need to be a "HIT SONG" or whatever that means. Even I'm the only one who knows and sings the song, I'll never care because I believe in it. It's more than just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment